Mand Labs KIT-1 is an all-in-one STEM Electronics Kit that takes you on a journey of 50+ hands-on projects from fundamentals of electricity to advanced concepts of transistors in electronics and robotics. Everything is step-by-step with no prior experience in electronics required!
As a beginner, you start with simple hands-on projects, pick up all the basic concepts of electricity including voltage, current, resistance, Ohm's law, Kirchhoff Laws and master the skills of using a digital multimeter. As you advance, you start learning about new components, make more complex projects, and progress both in terms of knowledge and skill levels. In the end, you will be working with sensors and transistors to build interesting projects such as IR security alarm, H-Bridge (motor driver circuit used in Robotics), and many more.
Perfect for ages 8 and up
- Ignite passion for electronics & robotics
- Develop real-world tech skills
- Become a maker of technology than being its mere consumer
- Set up your personal electronics lab at home
- Recommended for middle & high schoolers, electrical engineering students, STEM educators, hobbyists and homeschoolers
Mand Labs DIY Kit-1 (Standard Edition)
- Ages 8+
- 50+ Hands-on projects
- 135+ Components
- Play hours: 25
- Complete list of projects here
- Middle and High School Students
- STEM Educators running maker spaces, physics labs and robotics programs
- Homeschooling Parents
- DIY Enthusiasts and Makers
The all-in-ones Mand Labs KIT-1: STEM Electronics Kit is your most comprehensive do-it-yourself (DIY) learning kit that takes you on a journey of 60+ hands-on projects from fundamentals of electricity to advanced concepts of transistors in electronics and robotics. And everything is step-by-step.
No prior experience in electronics is required. As a beginner, you start with simple hands-on projects, learn to use a digital multimeter and grab the basic fundamentals of electricity, including charge, voltage, current, resistance, Ohms law and Kirchhoff laws.
As you advance, you start learning about new components, make more complex projects and progress both in terms of knowledge and skill levels. At the start of book-2, you will be able to build interesting projects such as automatic night lamp, H-Bridge (motor driver circuit used in Robotics) and many more.
The kit is a great companion for parents who want to provide early practical exposure to their kids, teachers who want to demonstrate the concepts of electrical science & semiconductors, students who want to learn physics by doing, hobbyists who want to brush up their basics.
What's New in Version 4?
- Wire cutter and stripper is now made of Stainless Steel (SS) and has a new design with a thumb grip.
- A more durable screwdriver is included which can unwind switch terminals and multimeter screws with ease.
- A new 12 V Piezoelectric buzzer with 4.2 KZ frequency is replacing the older 12 Volt 2.4KHz magnetic buzzer in Version 3.
- The portable breadboard box now comes with magnetic locks instead of swap buttons.
- A more tactile microswitch with a 120gF operating force on the lever is introduced.
- Lead Free Solder (Sn96.5/Ag3.0/Cu0.5) is used for all soldering joints.
- All LEDs are now professionally packaged in moisture free anti-static bags- four different colored bags for each color.
- Learning videos in the USB Flash drive now come with sub-titles (English.
- 24 Micron Polyolefin Shrink Film is used for sealing multimeter, books and KIT-1 box.
- Mand Labs KIT-1 Box is re-engineered for durability, strength and usability. The box is made in 12 different parts and each part is produced with a very high level precision with right fits and tolerances. The box is assembled carefully by hand and undergoes multiple inspections to meet quality standards.
- RoHS and Reach Standards are being strictly adhered.
Topics covered in KIT-1:
Charge, Battery, Voltage, Current, Resistance, LED, Multimeter, Resistors, Ohm's law, Series and Parallel Combination, Variable Resistors: Potentiometer, Preset and LDR, Switches, Capacitors, Relay, Semiconductors, Diode and Its Types, Digital Logic Gates: NOT, OR, AND, NOT, NAND, Zener Diode, DC Motor, Transistors.
Projects in the Box:
Here is list of few interesting projects that you can building using KIT-1:
Automatic Night Lamp, Burglar Alarm, Touch Activated Switch (passing current through body), LED Flasher/Blinker, Sequential Glowing of LEDs, Staircase Lighting, Alternate light control using a Preset, DC Motor as Generator
Contents in the Box:
Includes 57projects + 136 components+ 2 guide books + 60 videos + step-by-step project guides + workstation + 1 breadboard carry case + 1flash drive containing all learning materials
- Ships to Contiguous US
- Expected Delivery: Jul 11 - Jul 15
- All sales final.